The prices below are for prescriptions within the range of +/- 6.00 sphere +/- 2.00 cyl (outside of this range please contact us)
- Plano (none prescription) plastic lenses £12.50 a pair
- Single vision clear plastic £30.00 a pair
- Plano (none prescription) tinted sunglass plastic £17.50 a pair (available in grey, brown and green)
- Single vision tinted sunglass plastic £45.00 a pair (available in grey, brown and green)
- Single vision anti-reflective plastic £45.00 a pair
- Single vision plastic reactolites (photochromic) £65.00 a pair
We can also fit lenses to your own frames at your own risk.
In order for us to create your lenses, you will require:
- a copy of your prescription
- your Pupillary Distance, or PD, which can be supplied by your optician or measured by a friend per instructions below
- your selection of the type of lenses required
Measuring Pupillary Distance
- Ask a friend to stand directly opposite on the same eye level and at arms reach.
- Position a ruler on your nose as in the photo below.
- Measure the distance between the edge of one pupil and the same edge of the other.
The PD in the above example is 68mm
As a guideline: The PD of most adults is between 60-70mm.
If no PD is supplied I will pre set it to the average PD of 64mm for distance lenses and 61mm for reading.
Lenses to your own frame: Whilst all possible care is taken when fitting lenses to your own frame it is done so at your own risk. We will always advise you if any obvious problem is seen.